NLHF Project Development & Planning
Tricolor can help develop all of the strategic documents you need to make your National Lottery Heritage Fund project a success. Using the most up to date resources, we can help your organisation develop both strategic and project-specific documents – business plans, activity plans, and interpretation plans.
We can work with you to develop robust, resilient business plans, based on market research, comparator consultation, and best practice datasets. We develop business plans that are based on well-researched financial assumptions and are easy to adapt as projects progress.
Our experienced consultants can also write audience-led activity plans, based on consultation with your users, and non-users. We know the secrets to a successful activity plan are meaningful engagement with audiences, rigorous pilot testing, with a pinch or two of innovation.
Our Interpretation specialists, with practice-based experience, can develop interpretation plans and exhibition designs that tell a relevant and engaging story of your heritage. We learn from audiences what they want to learn, and how, building in a little bit of ‘something special’ along the way.
We can support one, or all, of these services on a project – but find the most successful projects are where the business, activity, and interpretation planning work together avoiding silos.
You can see more examples of our project development activities in the case studies below:
- Ely Museum – Activity and Interpretation Planning
- Portsmouth City Council and The National Museum of the Royal Navy – Business and Activity Planning
- Hull: Yorkshire’s Maritime City – Activity and Business Planning
- Bury St Edmunds Guildhall – Interpretation, Business, and Activity Planning
- MHA – Wilderness Garden Activity and Interpretation Planning
- Erewash Borough Council – Erewash Museum Interpretation and Business Planning
- Norwich County Council – Norwich Castle Activity Plan
- Kensington and Chelsea Borough Council – Leighton House Museum Activity Plan
- Leas Lift CIC – Leas Lift Business Case
- Our Common Cause – Interpretation Planning
- Terapia @ The Bothy – Interpretation Planning
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Preservation Trust – Business Planning
What films/series have you been watching lately? Our own Helen Rana recommends "The White Tiger" by Ramin Bahrani.… https://t.co/RhBC9nfoV7
21 April 2021