BA History, McGill University, MA International Media & Communications, Goldsmiths College, CIM in Arts Marketing, Cambridge
Registered consultant and monitor for the Wellcome Trust and the National Lottery Heritage Fund, Sarah specialises in regeneration, strategic project development and organisational resilience that makes a genuine difference to people and places.
With a career stretching across 20 years, two continents and a number of key sectors all linked to major capital heritage projects, I have what Liam Neeson calls, “a unique set of skills”.
My favourite thing about my job is supporting clients in the strategic development of their projects and seeing their faces after a great meeting with the funder. My role is to really make our clients feel like Tricolor is a partner in their project and that our passion for heritage matches their own.
My background means that I am a versatile project director and client advisor with an extensive knowledge of capital projects and audience engagement in heritage. I’m a massive advocate of Universal Design and foster creativity and innovation from my team at all stages of the process – whether that’s planning future income streams or audio soundscapes for an exhibition.
I have modelled Tricolor on the concept that we are a fully collaborative team, working with clients in a friendly and flexible manner and with the absolute understanding that major projects are some of the most challenging times in a person’s professional or voluntary life and that we try to challenge, inspire and support our clients all the steps of the way.
- Strategic Visioning
- Resilience planning
- Project design and development
- Interpretation design and build
- Activities and engagement, particularly with people with learning disabilities and those affected by mental health
- Consultation planning and delivery
- Digital communications
- Business planning
- Funding Application Planning
- Marketing and design
Some previous work I have been involved with:
- Fundraising and Direct Mail Coordinator for Canada’s leading independent direct marketing agency for non-profits
- Lead for Audience Development, Engagement and Communications for Big Lottery-funded project at Imperial War Museum working with 72 museums and galleries across the UK
- Head of Marketing and Bid Development for international fit-out company specialising in leisure and retail
- Head of Fundraising for national learning disabilities advocacy charity
- Head of Marketing for a local authority, specialising in digital and leading to major consultations and resident engagement
My role in projects:
- Alexandra Palace – Consultation Planning and Delivery, Activity Planning and writing the planning application’s Statement of Community Involvement
- Bury Guildhall – Business Planning & Interpretation Planning and Project Management
- Hylton Castle – Options Appraisal, Governance & Business Planning
- Heugh Battery Museum – Fundraising Planning, Business Planning
- Canterbury Cathedral – Consultation and Activity Planning
- Royal Pavilion Estate and Brighton Dome & Festival – Project Development Strategy and mentoring, Interpretation Strategy and Development and Interpretation Plan to RIBA 3
- Erewash Museum – Project lead for Interpretation Design, Build and Fit-Out
- Hull Maritime City – Project Development Strategy and mentoring
- Royal Cornwall Museum – Audience Development and marketing mentoring
- Sunderland Museum and Wintergarden Options Appraisal
- Council for British Archaeology Audience Development
- Jarrow Hall – Lead Masterplanner
- The Hockey Museum Governance, Business Planning, Strategic Visioning and Audience Development
- Durham Cathedral – Project Advisor
- Viva Spencer’s Mill – Project Manager
Sarah joins Imperial War Museum
Sarah & Frank form Tricolor
Sarah appointed Business Planner for The Rose Playhouse Bankside
Sarah appointed Lead Activity Planner for Canterbury Cathedral
Sarah appointed Heritage Fund Mentor Mentor & Monitor for Business Planning & Public Engagement
Sarah appointed Inspiring Science Fund monitor
I love lidos, me...
Struggling with getting ready for fundraising in a completely changed world? Join us for a free webinar tomorrow https://t.co/TIUQqspETA
30 March 2020
Chuffed to have our venue booked for the free community fundraising workshops we're running in Waltham Forest next… https://t.co/5V3acBQx88
26 February 2020