BA English and History, The University of York Diploma in Museum Studies, PRINCE 2 Foundation and Practitioner
I am a passionate and experienced heritage enthusiast with a background of over seventeen years working in curatorial and learning teams in museums and arts organisations.
I love objects and the power of heritage to tell and share stories. I have managed a wide range of collections and archives including designated and nationally significant costume, art, photography, heavy engineering and arms and armour.
Working with community groups and volunteers is one of the most rewarding areas of my work. My background makes me a champion of discovering the shared heritage and communicating this in interesting, surprising and meaningful ways.
At the heart of what I do is listening, and finding the best, bespoke ways of engaging with a wide range of audiences.
Interpretation and content development
Activities and engagement particularly working with volunteer groups
Consultation planning and delivery
Some of the work I have done in the past are:
- Freelance Curator working with museums, arts organisations, universities and community groups across the UK delivering a wide range of interpretation products from guidebooks, mobile, temporary and permanent exhibitions and digital tools.
- Heritage Project Manager for Birmingham Hippodrome working with volunteers and archive services to create a digital interpretation.
- Curatorial Consultant for Birmingham Repertory Theatre developing innovative interpretation products in collaboration with theatre designers at RSC.
- Curator of Art and Photography, National Coal Mining Museum for England
- Curator of History, York Museums Trust, managing the curatorial team, extensive collections and leading exhibition projects.
- Exhibition Development Officer, Sheffield Industrial Museums Trust and The Hawley Collection.
- Curatorial Consultant for The Kitchen Studio, York Museums Trust
- Assistant Curator of Social History Learning, York Museums Trust
- Assistant Curator of Social and Industrial History, Leeds Museums and Galleries
- Inventory Assistant, Thinktank Museum
- Schools Facilitator, Tamworth Castle
The future is bright
Struggling with getting ready for fundraising in a completely changed world? Join us for a free webinar tomorrow https://t.co/TIUQqspETA
30 March 2020
Chuffed to have our venue booked for the free community fundraising workshops we're running in Waltham Forest next… https://t.co/5V3acBQx88
26 February 2020