BA (Hons) Arts and Festivals Management, MA Museum Studies
One of my earliest memories is walking around my local museum, Wardown House, with my Great Uncle Jerry. As a Front of House Assistant, Uncle Jerry used to show me around, give me a tour of the house, and let me explore the different exhibits as only a child can.
Two decades later I still love exploring museums and have come to appreciate the love, care and hard work that goes into managing a collection, running a museum and programming activities.
I undertake options appraisals, feasibility studies and business plans. I have an interest in strategic management and planning, particularly when it comes to marketing and development.
My favourite thing about my role is seeing all the exciting and inspiring projects happening within the museums and heritage sphere. Whereas previously I would read about these projects in a journal or website, now I play a part of making those projects happen.
My previous work roles:
- Business Planning and Development Internship with Tricolor Limited
- Legal Secretary for national legal charity working with independent churches.
- Volunteer Collections Assistant at Luton Culture.
- Corporate Tax Administration Assistant & Golf and Leisure Service Administration Assistant for Marriott Hotels.
- Marketing Assistant for Honeywell Elster (formerly Elster Metering)
- Volunteer Exhibition Assistant for Snibston Discovery Museum.
- Volunteer Evaluation Assistant for Arts in Health Project at George Eliot Hospital.
My roles in Tricolor Projects:
- 2017 – Stratford Park Lido – Feasibility Study
- 2017 – Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens – Options Appraisal
- 2017 – St Peter’s, Stroud – Community Consultation
- 2017 – Bury St Edmunds Guildhall – Marketing
Emma joins as Consultant
Emma starts as Consultation Researcher for Stratford Park Lido, Stroud
Emma starts as Business Planner for Leas Lift Funicular
So lovely to hear! We’ve got sessions available every week until the end of July but book quickly https://t.co/GCOBA4gQP3
10 May 2020